Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Easy, Healthy, Delicious Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts





Before school ended, I was so excited for summer! I thought I would have all the time in the world to blog, and adventure. I was right and wrong... I have tons of time to adventure but hardly anytime to blog! It's such a hard commitment but I'm doing very well despite my random disappearances throughout the week. I'm trying my best!

A few days ago, I took an awesome visit to Costco. I bought a bunch of produce but I stumbled upon a basically untouched crate of brussel sprouts. I know people have such a bad attitude towards brussel sprouts but honestly, I like them. They're not any worse than kale, lettuce, or broccoli and prepared the correct way, they're so much more than the stuff you hated as a kid.

Brussel sprout are a cruciferous vegetable which is great for the body. It helps to get rid of toxins and is full of vitamins and essential nutrients. Not only are they easy to prepare, they taste great too! I really recommend trying these because they're very filling and scrumptious. Please try them no matter how many bad memories you had of them as a child because I bet most of your memories with vegetables as a child weren't very pleasant. This is such an easy recipe that took me about 10-15 minutes to make. I pan roasted them with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. It was so ridiculously easy and for me, it's definitely a recipe I will keep using.

Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Ingredients:
-About 10 brussel sprouts
-Enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan (2-3 tablespoons)
-Salt and Pepper
Instructions:
1. Wash your brussel sprouts well and try to look for any worms or rotten parts.
2. Using a knife and a cutting board, slice your brussel sprouts in half length-wise and place on the side.
3. Heat up a pan at medium heat and pour in olive oil. Coat the bottom of the pan fully.
4. Once oil is hot, place all the brussel sprout halves face down.
5. For about 5 minutes, let the brussel sprouts heat up and press down on them with a spatula.
6. For the next 3-5 minutes, place a cover on the brussel sprouts.
7. Next, season with salt and pepper. Check the bottoms of the brussel sprouts to see if they're browned. If they are, they're done!
8. Finally, serve on a plate, bowl, or anything you want and DEVOUR!!

Washing them Brussel Sprouts 

Slice Away ! 
Placing them carefully in the pan 

So delicious. Who knew sesame would go so well with Brussel Sprouts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment