Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Blue Tree Cafe - Sweet Sunday- Review

Ahhhh... Sundays. Usually, the Sunday fundays I dream of are serendipitous, free, something of true relaxation. Then I wake up and I remember I'm in high school. I always feel adrift in this world of academia and finding my true divine self. Sometimes, I can get carried away with my academics, forcing me to become robot-like and so rigid when deep down, a voice is pulling me away to experience the world in real time. This past weekend was definitely one of enlightenment and serenity, at least for majority of it. I was out and about but still seemed to soak up the sun and reflect. Sometimes, we can all learn a lot from the environment around us instead of trying to know everything. 

I started my weekend with an amazing visit to the beach after a track meet. It was a little walk down to the beach at Diamond head and it was so windy that not many people were at the beach. I went with one of my good friends and it was an amazing adventure. The wind was blowing and it was drizzling just a little bit, making me feel very content with where I was at that moment. 

On Sunday, I visited Blue Tree Cafe which is located at 1009 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814. It's in Kaka'ako at an apartment building where you need to park in and it's accessible from the street. In the parking structure of the apartment building, there's a door where you can walk straight into the cafe. This cafe is amazing and offers all types of vegan foods. They also have some raw options but I didn't try any. The feel of this cafe is a relaxed but efficient model. It's very urban and cosmopolitan but I could've honestly taken a nap if I wanted. There are lots of cushioned seats and outlets for charging laptops as I noticed a lot of the people there were working. 

There's a bunch of vegan/gluten free options as it seems like the focus is on plant based foods... which is awesome :D. There are tons of smoothies, juices, and coffee options as well as acai bowls. Along with this, there are vegan sandwiches with creamy avocado and savory hummus. There are also chicken wraps for people who don't want to eat vegan and my mom had a taste which she thought was excellent. There are also pastries if you are feeling a sweet tooth! The staff was amazing and very helpful in ordering plus they were super fast at preparing my order. All in all, they have great products and customer service. 

I ordered an acai bowl... I know, I'm addicted. It was definitely a different taste than the usual acai with organic guayarana and a touch of agave. They use tambor acai which has no sweetener so the acai taste is very rich. They also use almond milk which made it more creamy and fuller. It was a new taste of acai and I honestly loved it! Their organic granola was also very tasty but there was just too much honey and it overpowered the other flavors. 

I loved this small cafe and it's a great place to pick up a snack, hang out or eat a meal! I will definitely come back to relax and work on some homework in this beautiful environment :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment