Friday, March 14, 2014

Simple is best- The smoothest green smoothie

If you asked me what my favorite snacks at home are, it would probably be frozen fruit. I know... that's weird but, I don't always have time to whip up a raw vegan snack and frozen fruit is so simple and easy. Every week, I buy a bag of frozen organic mango, blueberries, and acai from Costco. During the week, I make smoothies and acai bowls for breakfast or even a pre-dinner meal. Recently, I have been loving this mango-green concoction, which typically makes a little more than a 24oz smoothie. It's amazing because it wakes me up, it's beautiful because of the pastel green hue, and it's nutritious because fruits and vegetables are raw-some!

This smoothie could be a mid-day pick me up, a morning energizer, or even a refreshing drink after a workout. This is what I love about raw fruits and vegetables; they're always relevant and versatile. This smoothie is a green smoothie, which I love because increasing my intake of vegetables is always a plus. This smoothie is made from an organic spinach/chard/babykale mix, wawona frozen organic mangoes, coconut water, and bananas! It's such a simple recipe but there's some powerful stuff we are dealing with. The vitamin C from the mangoes, precious minerals in the vegetables, electrolytes and hydrating powers from the coconut water, plus the fiber and potassium in the bananas creates a truly wholesome elixir. In addition, it tastes amazing. For some reason, when blending frozen mango, it makes thee creamiest and smoothest smoothies I have ever had. This smoothie gives me faith in fruits and vegetables as well as the fact that simplicity can go a long way :)

Smoothest Green Smoothie- 1 serving (24oz)
-1.5-2 cups of frozen mango
-two ripe bananas
-2 handfuls of any type of baby greens (kale, chard, spinach). This is optional but if you wanna get your greens in, do it!
-3 cups of coconut water (water can also be used)
I know I know... not the best picture but hey, I was going to school... 

No comments:

Post a Comment