Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Living Taro Nori Rolls

I love seaweed... That is all. Seaweed is an amazing part of this wonderful planet that we live on. It's full of amazing minerals and perfect proteins that can nourish our bodies... hmmm... I wonder why almost all the organisms of the ocean consume types of seaweed. I have always loved eating seaweed in almost all forms whether it was raw, dried, or cooked and whether it was garnish or the main part of a dish. Recently, I've been making some delicious nori wraps! They're so yummy and full of nutrients. I eat so many of them and they will not give you a stomach ache... okay that's not a guarantee but because there are no overt fats in this, I'm sure it will go down smoothly.

This was apart of my dinner and it was kind of thrown together. I had bought kalo, or AKA Hawaiian wetland taro, a few days ago at a local farmers market. If anyone knows about taro, you have to cook it for a looongggg time so the crystals don't affect consumption. I had cooked two corms and had some left over so I decided to slice it up and use it in my nori wraps. From that same farmers market, I had some sunflower sprouts, organic kale, and organic local beets. All of this was just sitting in my fridge and I decided to put it all together into these nori wraps! Lastly, I added Thai basil into the wraps which made it on another level of amazing...
This isn't really a set recipe because you can be creative and put anything or everything in this nori wrap but, because I don't want to be unspecific, I will list what I used and how much.

Living Kalo (Taro) Nori Rolls 
- 5 leaves of Dinosaur kale.
-A bunch of Sunflower sprouts or any sprouts of that matter
-1/4 beet shaved
-About 1.5 cups of steamed taro
- About 4-5 Sheets of Nori 
- Thai Basil (ESSENTIAL ITS AMAZING)
1.  Lay out a sheet of Nori with the rough side up.
2. Rip the leafy part of the Kale from the stems and place on the nori with a few leaves of basil.
3. Place some beets and slices of taro accordingly.
4. Throw some sprouts on there and drizzle some awesome dressing.
5. Eat

Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of chili powder
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
- touch of agave or honey

1. Mix everything together!

Nori Wrap Station!

The Best thing ever
Basically my set up



I also had an acai smoothie with this meal as it is not necessarily calorie dense. It was a clean and refreshing way to end the day. Good night everyone, sleep well. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment