Friday, September 13, 2013

The most REFRESHING Juice EVER + raw vegan update

Greetings to you all! There has been a lot in my life that has changed throughout the past two weeks and I'm stoked to share this with everyone. I'll just be very upfront with this... Through lots of research, and thinking, I decided that I will up the raw foods in my diet and make a large effort to only eat plant-based proteins (legumes, lots of veggies!). I was inspired by Fully Raw Kristina who is a raw vegan that runs a co-op in Houston Texas! She's totally amazing and encompasses all of my goals as a healthy individual! Everyone deserves to love themselves and others, I believe that being totally healthy and happy is the way to go because Health really is Wealth!

To be specific, I am not a Raw vegan like Kristina... I'm trying to get there one day but, being in school without a job makes it very hard to supply myself with the nutritional needs of a raw vegan. Instead, I'm slowly trying to transition from being pescatarian to a full time vegetarian to a full time vegan over the years. I know that it'll be difficult at times but I'm motivated, and very excited! What's better than getting nutrients right from the source and plant-based proteins that can be absorbed better than animal proteins! I'm ecstatic on so many levels because I'm already feeling the benefits of not eating CRAP. I'm relatively healthy and I advocate for being healthy but, I now believe that to be a an efficient body, it takes more than that. The great thing I love about the raw vegan lifestyle is the amount of calories you must provide yourself. It's not depriving at all. It's instead nourishing and supplying the body with absolutely awesome nutrients.

At the moment, I'm already feeling awesome on my transition. I feel clean, full of energy, and awesome! Typically in a day, I'll have a large kale, pineapple, and strawberry smoothie for breakfast. I'll bring a bunch of snacks to school so that I will basically be able to stay alive and fulfill my caloric intake. I'll usually bring fruits for carbs and beans and lentils for protein. I'll try to bring two to three fruits like apples, nectarines, peaches, and other stone fruits along with some bananas which are awesome! To supplement that, I'll try to bring pitted dates along, but not too much. I'll also make curried lentils or black beans the night before, just to add it to my large salad's at lunch. The amount of fruit and vegetables I eat are very high. People may think it's insane but, I need to meet my caloric needs as an athlete.

To kick start this awesome moment, I'm going to suggest an awesome and refreshing drink that's super easy to make... It's watermelon juice... You don't have to be vegan, or a special person to make this... All you need is a juicer, or a blender (and a strainer), and a watermelon. It's that simple!

Refreshing Watermelon Juice

Ingredients:
-Watermelon (as much as you want!) 
-A huge Cup or jar!
-Blender, sieve or a juicer

Directions:
1. Cut your watermelon into pieces that can fit into your juicer or blender.
2. Add a little bit of water to your juicer and blender just to get it going.
3. add the watermelon to your juicer slowly or, place your desired amount of watermelon into the blender with a little bit of water (Blend now)
4. If you used a juicer, drink up! But, if you used a blender and you want your watermelon juice to be smooth then I would get a sieve and strain your watermelon mush.

 After you have poured your juice into a jar or cup, I would recommend an optional punch to this awesome juice! If you tear up some mint leaves and place them in your juice, there is an added refreshing touch and it's quite amazing. It's totally optional but just enjoy this fresh juice that will leave you feeling clean, vibrant, and beautiful. Love yourself and love others!

No comments:

Post a Comment