Thursday, April 3, 2014

Acai Adventure #2~Tropical Tribe

If you're looking for real, authentic, and rich Brazilian Acai, I highly recommend stopping by Tropical Tribe, located in the Waikiki Discovery Bay hotel. Waikiki sounds crowded and out of the way but parking is very simple and a validated ticket under 30 minutes is only a dollar. The owner and founder of Tropical Tribe is originally from Brazil and according to their website, was motivated to introduce Hawai'i to real authentic Brazilian Acai. According to him, the Acai in Hawai'i is very different as people add a lot of frozen fruit and fruit juices, taking away the rich taste of the Acai berry. Instead of adding all of the extra fruits and juices, he just uses high quality acai and guarana jucie that he imports himself.

I originally heard about Tropical Tribe while researching about the many Acai venues in Hawai'i. I felt a motivation to find more places that served Acai because I usually went to the ones I was familiar with. I love the rich taste of Acai and I thought it would be amazing to find a place that didn't use so many frozen fruits and fruit juices. When I read on yelp that Tropical Tribe offered just what I was looking for, I couldn't wait to go there and try some Brazilian Acai!



This is the entrance on the first floor of the Waikiki discovery Bay. It's a very tucked away and quiet area with lots of places to sit down. No one was there when I went and the acai was made very fast. they serve their Tropical Tribe Acai Bowl, which is the signature Acai blend made with only acai berries and guarana. They also have the Hawaiian Acai Bowl, which is modeled after the acai other stores sell with various fruits and fruit juice inside. I ordered a large Tropical Tribe Acai Bowl, which was handily made with care and was very beautiful.

This is what the Large Tropical Tribe Acai Bowl looked like. I could already tell that the Acai was very rich as the color was the darkest I've seen from any other acai place. When I first tasted the acai, it was something I had never really experienced before. It had the taste of Sambazon Acai but was much more rich and thick. It was definitely less sweet than other acai bowls but the honey took care of that. This was probably the best Acai Bowl I've actually had because I could taste the quality of the Acai and the blend of flavor was so clean and sharp. If you are looking for a true and authentic acai bowl full of Brazilian essence, I recommend going to Tropical Tribe! These unique acai places open my heart to all forms of Acai!

No comments:

Post a Comment